Crossway Chapel Network
www.crosswaychapel.org Mountain View Community Church not only has a heart to see our community reached with the Gospel of Jesus Christ but to see a church planting movement that would facilitate the healthy reproduction of churches all over the world for the glory of God. We see this as the most healthy form of reaching the world and what we see as God's design through the book of Acts. As we began to see churches planted, a movement called Crossway Chapel Movement of Churches was birthed. This relationally connected movement exists for the simple purpose of planting and supporting healthy, reproducing churches and regional networks of churches throughout the world for the glory of God. We share a common heritage, shared commitments, Biblical Distinctives, Ministry Distinctives, and Leadership culture.
- Sharing resources, experience and gifted individuals
- Identifying and training church planting leaders and teams
- Providing ongoing support and equipping among pastors and pastors in training
- Providing funding for church plants, individuals, strategic projects and facilities
- Constant communication and sharing of knowledge and resources: not a week goes where there is not leaders sharing ideas and helping each other out in other churches.
- Gathering events to cast vision: at least once a year, the churches in a region get together for a "celebration" event to worship God and be reminded we are part of a greater movement of God beyond just our own churches.
- Sharing of retreats (men's, women's, youth, college)
- Sharing of ministry curriculum and resources
- Sharing of people: we send people from our churches to help each other out for short term needs or long term needs.
- Sharing of money: we also pool some of our money to meet any needs in the other bodies. We have, together with Windsor Community Church, invested in the Wilmington Plant, the Wellington Plant, the building for Johnson City, etc.
- Pastors in that region get together once every three months for encouragement and learning from each other.
- Once a year the pastor's and wives get together for a "Network Huddle" for a time of encouragement and to resource each other.
So as you can tell - this "Network" of churches is a huge blessing - especially for the church plants so that they do not have to re-create the wheel, but can learn and be resourced by the other churches. We believe the Crossway Chapel Movement will help in the multiplication of churches and provide a lot of encouragement and resources for each other. For more information about Crossway Chapel Movement of churches - go to www.crosswaychapel.org