Brothers and Sisters,
First of all thank you so much for your support in prayer and fundraising. God has worked through all of you to get us here to the Czech Republic and on behalf of the entire team I say another big Thank You. You are all a part of what is going on here in the Czech Republic not by your physical presence but by the presence of the Spirit (Colossians 2:5). I will give a quick update on what has happened so far and what we are headed into and then will finish with some prayer requests.
Traveling over here was relatively smooth. Despite an hour delay in Minnesota that almost caused us to miss our connecting flight in Amsterdam, we had a great couple of flights. We landed on Tuesday and immediately took a charter bus with fellow believers from all over the states to Hotel Malenovice. This is a place of training, encouragement, and rest (to get over the jet lag) before we head into the week long English and Sports camp.
This beautiful property has already done wonders for myself and the other teammates. We have laughed, tried new food, and been encouraged by the Word of God in numerous ways. Additionally we have gone through some very helpful cultural training to help prepare us for the rest of our time here in the Czech Republic.
But we aren't meant to be equipped forever and we must eventually go. Today we head into Vsetín and meet the Majak youth group. We will get to know them as well as play some sports together and then each of us American's will stay with one of them for the night. Then the next day we will go the actual English Camp. From there on we will spend one week (Saturday to Saturday) teaching English, coaching sports, having crazy amounts of fun, and sharing God's Word with small group follow up each night. The most beautiful part about our time here is that we are partnering with the leaders of Majak and allowing them to do a lot of the hands on ministry throughout camp. We will step in whenever asked or led, but primarily get to encourage.
As the week goes on we will try our best to continue giving updates and asking for specific prayers. Please earnestly and humbly approach our God with the following prayer requests and we begin to start English and Sports camp:
- Energy and rest. Even though we have mostly gotten over the jet lag there is still an exhausting schedule in front of us and we will need the strength and energy of the Holy Spirit within us.
- Spiritual Warfare. As much as we wish it wasn't true the Enemy is going to be at camp and he wants to deceive, steal and destroy. Praise be to God that He has conquered Satan for eternity and is able to conquer him this week. Pray that we will united as a team under the banner of Jesus and the power of the Spirit.
- Pray that we will "Set our minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For we have died and our lives are hidden with Christ in God" Colossians 3:2-3
- Pray for each of the team members individually and by name: Cory Winkelhake, Dave Jones, Kellie Wolff, Alexis Downs, Jennifer Dement, Jami Funk, Addie Hummel, Elizabeth Ryan and Jordan Smith.
- Pray that we will be tuned in to what God has for us this week no matter what that is and that we will allow the Spirit to lead all of our thoughts and actions.
- Pray for bold faith to proclaim the Gospel in an understandable way to these Czech people.
- And Pray for God to be glorified in it all. In our strengths, in our weaknesses, in our triumphs, in our failures, in our shouts of joy, and in our shouts of desperation.
Once again thank you for all your support up to this point and know that we are in need of your support now.
Grace and Peace,