Well the day I’ve been talking about for the past few weeks has finally come and gone. The first day of school is checked off, in the books, and now we start another wonderful roller coaster ride!
Don't Miss the Importance of Community!
The whole point of writing these blog posts has been to encourage and promote getting involved in a positive and biblical community as a college student. I hope that those who have read them have gotten that point because now is the time where we have the opportunity to make the decisions that will impact the rest of our college careers. Like I said at the very beginning: the community we choose to be a part of will greatly impact who we are as an individual.
Some of your reading this may already be part of the community here at Mountain View, but many of you are not. For those of you who are not part of the college ministry here, I want to invite you to be a part of our community. While we would certainly love for you to get plugged in here - truly, my hope is that you will get plugged in with one of the many God honoring, people loving, and Bible cherishing communities that exist in Fort Collins. I would be ignorant to say that our college ministry is the best fit for everyone, but I know we would all love to meet and get to know you no matter who you are or where you come from.
Join Our Community!
Here are some upcoming events for our college ministry I would like to invite you to:
- Thursday, August 27th: Fall Kickoff at 328 Remington @ 7 pm
- Friday, August 28th: Glow in the Dark Frisbee at the Oval @ 8:00ish
- Saturday, August 29th: Outdoor Adventure starting around 10 am
- College Night: Thursday’s at 7 pm at 328 Remington. Meet at the Academic Village
- clock tower at 6:40 if you need a ride.
- Hang Out Night: Friday’s at 7pm at various locations. From ultimate Frisbee to slip and slide kickball to fish bowl, we are going to be doing a lot more than just “hang out” =)
- Saturday, September 5th: Labor Day weekend Outdoor Adventure
- Monday, September 7th: Labor Day Lawn Game Luau @ 12 pm
- Saturday, September 19th: Rocky Mountain Showdown Tailgate Party
- Friday, September 25th: Spike Ball Showdown
- Friday, October 2nd – 4th: Fall Retreat
In addition to all of this there will be a handful of different LifeGroups happening throughout the week. Check out the college calendar at mvcchurch.org/college for specifics on those and more details on the events listed above.
Let the roller coaster ride begin! I hope to see you along side us as we enjoy the ride together!
Church family - let me ask you to be praying for all of the new students at CSU and for our students in the college ministry.