LifeGroups are the primary environment where we carry out our mission statement. They are a small group of people from the church family that gathers regularly to encourage and support one another in their Christian journey. While our weekly services are a great time for gathering together in worship, they do not allow for the development and ongoing cultivation of intimate friendships. LifeGroups are designed to facilitate these deeper relationships in an environment where we “do life together” in Christian community.
As the church family grows, so does the need for each person to be assimilated into God’s design for biblical community. LifeGroups are an ideal place for new people to get involved in biblical community! LifeGroups are also a place where people will be challenged to grow in their walk with Jesus Christ, find accountability, experience one-on-one discipleship, and be challenged to use their gifts in ministry.
The Purposes of LifeGroups
LifeGroups are designed around the following biblical purposes:
- Foster Biblical Community - Within the body of Christ, each one of us is called to experience deeper relationships where we can use our gifts to serve and build-up one another. Small groups foster this kind of Christian community where our needs and burdens can be known and met by others, and where we can know about and help meet the needs of those around us.
- Extend Shepherding Care - LifeGroups are a place where each person can be encouraged and shepherded through the challenges of life. As needs arise in our lives, the LifeGroup leader and the other members of the group are there to walk with us and point us to Christ. When needed, people can also be connected to pastoral care and counseling.
- Facilitate the Making of Disciples - We are called to live out the mission of making disciples in the context of the beautiful community we share. In Matthew 28 Jesus said, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you." Through our LifeGroups, we are able to cultivate a heart for those in our lives who don't yet know Jesus, and we work together to share the hope of the gospel with them!
How to Choose a LifeGroup
Because LifeGroups are so important, our desire and expectation is that everyone at MVC would be involved in a LifeGroup. There is no formula in how to pick and get involved with a LifeGroup, yet once a person decides to start attending one on a regular basis, it is common that strong, family-like relationships will be developed. If you have never visited one of our many LifeGroups, make now the time. Before choosing a LifeGroup, consider these helpful tips!
- LOCATION - Start by looking at LifeGroups in your neighborhood and surrounding area. Proximity will fuel opportunities to be missional and build community. To help find a LifeGroup in your area, we have separated Fort Collins into four quadrants, separated by College and Drake.
- CURRENT RELATIONSHIPS - Ask those you know are attending a LifeGroup if you can join them.
- DEMOGRAPHICS & FOCUS - LifeGroups are diverse in terms of people/families involved, their focus, and the meeting day and time.
- VISIT A FEW - We encourage you to check out 2 or 3 LifeGroups before deciding where to plug in.
- START NOW! - What better time to start getting involved than now? Start by looking at the Current LifeGroups below. Once you have a few LifeGroups you are interested in, use the LifeGroup Contact Form to contact a few and get started!
To help find a LifeGroup in your area, we have separated Fort Collins into four quadrants, separated by College and Drake. Select a quadrant below to see LifeGroups in your area. Below the quadrant buttons below, you will see a button to find LifeGroups with a Special Emphasis or that are beyond Fort Collins.