Vision of Mountain View:
We exist to make Christ known as we passionately love Him together!
Our strategy is to be disciple-making disciples who love God wholeheartedly and embrace the “Full Spectrum” of discipleship in the context of Gospel centered community!
Christ exalting Corporate Gatherings to: worship, equip and serve along with Intimate Gospel Communities to: be shepherded, care for one another, and be on mission with.
All of redemptive history climaxes around the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. Jesus Himself created the church (Matthew 16:15-19), and before His ascension, Jesus commissioned the church saying “All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20). We believe this call is to be the mission of EVERY local church until Jesus returns and brings His redemption to completion at then end of the age. Therefore, the Great Commission is the mission of Mountain View.
We have chosen to articulate this mission by saying: We exist to make Christ known as we passionately love Him together!
We believe this statement speaks to the proper motivation (Worship), purpose (Mission) and context (Community) of living out the Great Commission. We are motivated by our worship of God to pursue the purpose of Mission in the context of Biblical Community.
- Worship (motivation): “…passionately love Him” (Romans 12:1-2, 1 John 4:19, Colossians 1:16-17). Our lives are lived in response to who God is (high view of God) and what He has done (Gospel). This motivates all we do as a church. It begins and ends with Him!
- Mission (purpose): “…make Christ known…” (Romans 1:16, Matthew 28:18-20, Romans 10:13-15). We are called to be about more than just trying to be good Christians and to stop sinning as we try to survive this life. We have been entrusted with the very Gospel that transforms lives. The Christian life is anything but boring. We have been given the greatest purpose that the world has ever known. As one’s who have been commissioned to be and make disciples, we have been given an incredible mission.
- Community (context): “…together!” (Acts 2:42-47, 1 Corinthians 12:12-26). There is a God given context that we are called to live our lives on mission as we worship Him. The context is community – God’s greenhouse for growth and effective mission. God’s design of the local church is beautiful. Biblical community is a gift and thus we embrace it as so!
We also believe the mandate to be disciple-making disciples happens by embracing the Full Spectrum of discipleship. Making disciples is far more than helping Christians become better Christians. It involved God’s people reaching into the darkness where non-Christians are, passionately proclaiming the Gospel and helping those who respond grow and multiply their faith for a lifetime.
There are two main environments that we want every person at Mountain View to be part of - the corporate gathering and intimate community. We believe there are many other ancillary environments that people can be part of, but these two environments will provide a lifetime of growth through worship, mission, and community. (Acts 2:41-47, Hebrews 10:23-25)
- Corporate Gathering (Acts 5:12, Hebrews 12:18-29, Acts 20:7) The Bible puts a strong emphasis on the importance of God’s people gathering corporately together each week. The purpose of our corporate gatherings are for Worship and Celebration (Colossians 3:16, Ephesians 5:17-20, 1 Corinthians 11:20, Matthew 28:19, Psalm 34:1-3, 95:1-3), for the Equipping of the Saints (Ephesians 4:11-16, 1 Timothy 6:2, 2 Timothy 4:2, Colossians 1:25), and the opportunity to Serve Each Other (1 Corinthians 12:7, 1 Peter 4:10)
For details on our weekly services click here
- Intimate Community: While we love our corporate times of worship, we understand that much of the life of the church will take place in smaller, intimate communities where each person will Experience Biblical Community (Galatians 6:2, James 5:16, Hebrews 3:12-13, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, Romans 12:3-13, 1 Peter 4:7-11), Receive Shepherding Care (John 10:14, Acts 20:28-32, 1 Peter 5:1-4), and be encouraged to Make Disciples as we embrace the “full spectrum” of discipleship. (Matthew 28:18-20, Colossians 1:3-8, 28, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 1 Thessalonians 2:8, John 13:35)
For details on our LifeGroups click here