Crossway Chapel Network
Mountain View Community Church not only has a heart to see our community in Fort Collins reached with the Gospel of Jesus Christ but to see a church planting movement that would facilitate the healthy reproduction of churches all over the world for the glory of God. We see this as the most healthy form of reaching the world and what we see as God's design through the book of Acts. As we began to see churches planted, a movement called Crossway Chapel Movement of Churches was birthed. This relationally connected movement exists for the simple purpose of planting and supporting healthy, reproducing churches and regional networks of churches throughout the world for the glory of God. We share a common heritage, shared commitments, Biblical Distinctives, Ministry Distinctives, and Leadership culture. This church planting network desires to see healthy, reproducing churches throughout the world for the glory of God
This network of churches accomplishes it's mission by:
- Sharing church planting resources, experience and gifted individuals
- Identifying and training church planting leaders and teams
- Providing ongoing support and equipping among pastors and pastors in training
- Providing funding for church plants, individuals, strategic projects and facilities
This practically looks like:
- Constant communication and sharing of knowledge and resources: not a week goes where there is not leaders sharing ideas and helping each other out in other churches.
- Gathering events to cast vision: at least once a year, the churches in a region get together for a "celebration" event to worship God and be reminded we are part of a greater movement of God beyond just our own churches.
- Sharing of retreats (men's, women's, youth, college)
- Sharing of ministry curriculum and resources
- Sharing of people: we send people from our churches to help each other out for short term needs or long term needs.
- Sharing of money: we also pool some of our money to meet any needs in the other bodies. We have, together with Windsor Community Church, invested in the Wilmington Plant, the Wellington Plant, the building for Johnson City, and more.
- Pastors in that region get together once every three months for encouragement and learning from each other.
- Once a year the pastor's and wives get together for a "Network Huddle" for a time of encouragement and to resource each other.
So as you can tell - this "Network" of churches is a huge blessing - especially for new church plants having resources and not having to re-create the wheel, but can learn and be resourced by the other churches. We believe the Crossway Chapel Movement will help in the multiplication of churches and provide a lot of encouragement and resources for each other. For more information about Crossway Chapel Movement of churches, go to www.crosswaychapel.org.
Crossway Chapel Church Plants:
Windsor Community Church - www.windsorchurch.org - (Windsor, CO - 2001)
Crossway Chapel of Wilmington - www.crosswaywilmington.org - (Wilmington, NC - 2005)
Crossway Chapel of Greeley - www.crosswaygreeley.org - (Greeley, CO - 2006)
The Crossing - www.thecrossingfc.org - (Fort Collins, CO 2010)
High Plains Harvest - www.highplainsharvest.org - (East of I-25 in the Hwy 85 area, CO - 2010)
The Remedy - www.remedynj.com - (Tom's River, NJ - 2010)
Choice City Church - www.choicecitychurch.org - (Fort Collins, CO, 2014)
Redemption Church - redemptionloveland.org - (Loveland, CO, 2015)
Churches that joined the Crossway Chapel Movement:
Light House Church - http://majakvsetin.cz - (Vsetin, Czech Republic - 2006)
Metro Olomouc - www.metroolomouc.cz - (Olomouc, Czech Republic)
Creekside Community Church - www.creeksidemac.com - (McMinnville, OR - 2002)
Crossway Chapel of Fox Valley - www.crosswayfoxvalley.com - (North Aurora, IL - relaunch 2009)
Binay Church - (Pokhara, Nepal - 2010)
Riverview Community Church - http://riverviewaz.org - (Phoenix, AZ – 2014)
Crossway Chapel Huddle
Every year, pastors from the churches across the network gather for a "Huddle" for fellowship, encouragement, equipping and vision for the network. Click here to listen to the messages from the most recent Crossway Chapel Huddle.
Church Planting at Mountain View Community Church
Other Networks, Affiliations & Partnerships
At Mountain View Community Church, we seek to partner with other ministries that are serious about the Gospel and church planting. We value learning from others and partnering with others around the Gospel so that we can accomplish more together than we can by ourselves.
When MVC was planted in 1992, we started a strategic partnership with the Missionary Church – Western District. Though we differ from them in some theological distinctives from the Missionary Church, we have a great commonality around the Gospel, reaching people and church planting. We value many important relationships that the Lord has given us through this God honoring denomination!
Mountain View Community Church is also a regional member of the Gospel Coalition. The Gospel Coalition exists to promote Gospel-Centered ministry.
Other Movements we resonate with and learn from:
- Acts 29 – www.acts29.com – we appreciate the theological distinctives, missional approach to ministry and passion for church planting from the Acts 29 network.
- Sovereign Grace – www.sovereigngrace.com – we value the Gospel-centered worship, the humility in leadership, and unwavering commitment to the truth from Sovereign Grace Churches.